Clinical Psychologist – Essendon & Hoppers Crossing
Alana is a clinical psychologist based at our Essendon and Hoppers Crossing offices. She has extensive experience in working with children, adolescents and adults. She has previously worked at the Hawkes Bay DHB Child, Adolescent and Family Service in New Zealand and also at Hawkes Bay DHB Adult Community Mental Health Service. In particular, Alana has also completed several assessments and therapeutic sessions for Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Alana is also an experienced supervisor, and is endorsed by the Psychology Board of Australia to provide clinical supervision to psychologists and provisional psychologists.
Alana is not only able to treat individuals in one-on-one sessions, but can also see families and facilitate group therapy sessions. Alana is available both in our Essendon and Hoppers Crossing offices, including after hours and weekends.
Alana can assess and treat many conditions and issues, including:
- Eating disorders and body image issues
- Academic and Learning Difficulties
- Autism Spectrum Disorders, including assessment
- Adjustment Problems (e.g., starting school, changes in the home)
- Anger and Aggression
- Behavioural Difficulties (e.g., hyperactivity, aggression, oppositional behaviours)
- Mood Difficulties (e.g., depression, phobias, social anxiety, separation anxiety)
- Sleep Difficulties
- Social and Peer Difficulties
- Toileting Difficulties
- Parenting (e.g., psychoeducation, developing effective strategies, parental stress)
- Parent-Child Relationship Issues
Alana works with clients under various Medicare schemes, TAC, WorkSafe, Comcare and other third party funding bodies. Private health insurance rebates may also be available to you.